The Government Wage Assistance Scheme (GWAS) and the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) have been extended for the month of June 2020 to operators having the necessary licence/permit from the relevant authorities to operate the following activities:
1. Hotels, guest houses, tourist residences and domains;
2. Tourist enterprises, except restaurants, pubs and tables d'hôte;
3. Pleasure crafts engaged in commercial nautical activities;
4. Travel agencies, tour operators, tourist guides or canvassers;
5. National airline including Air Mauritius Ltd and Airmate Ltd;
6. Businesses deriving at least 50% of their income from goods sold or services provided to persons engaged in tourism activities as listed at (a)(1) to (5) above*.
7. Restaurants, pubs, tables d'hôte holding a tourist enterprise licence**;
8. Contract car businesses, event management companies**; and
9. Attractions, amusement parks, natural sites and museums**.
However a self-employed engaged in activities falling under item (6) above is entitled to GWAS only.
**Items (7) to (9) are applicable to businesses whose turnover has fallen by more than 50% in June 2020 as compared to the corresponding turnover in June 2019. However, this condition does not apply to an enterprise which has been set up after June 2019.
Premises that remained closed or activities that were not allowed to be carried out under Covid-19 Regulations 2020
1. Fitness centres (gymnasium/sports complex);
2. Horse racing, bookmakers, casinos and gaming houses;
3. Leisure parks, amusement centres, including aquariums;
4. Multi-purpose halls, including wedding halls;
5. Nightclubs and private clubs licensed by the Tourism Authority;
6. Professional sports, and
7. Theatres and cinema halls.
2. Haberdashers operating in a market fair;
3. Holders of a license, certificate or permit issued by the Tourism Authority or Beach Authority other than for skippers and non-commercial pleasure crafts;
4. Persons making handicrafts;
5. Persons working in school canteen, and
6. Taxi drivers operating at the airport, or based at a hotel.
All employers and self-employed persons who satisfy the conditions for the Government Wage Assistance Scheme and the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme, as applicable, and who are engaged in the above mentioned activities, may submit their applications through the MRA website: www.mra.mu for financial support.
For any additional information, applicants may phone MRA helpdesk during office hours on: 207 6000.